If you're planning a visit to Towan, you'll find that there are plenty of things to see and do in the surrounding area. Here are just a few ideas to help you make the most of your trip.
Please let us know if you have any feedback or suggestions!
- Beach House Art - Check out the Beach House Blog for guides on pressing seaweed and more!
- Explore the Beaches – Towan beach is a great spot for swimming, sunbathing and exploring the rock pools. It is also home to a wealth of wildlife, so be sure to bring your binoculars.
- Visit the Eden Project – An educational attraction, the Eden Project is a must-see for any visitor to the area. It offers a fascinating insight into the natural world, with its biomes and interactive displays.
- Take a Trip to St. Michael's Mount – St. Michael's Mount is an iconic landmark off the coast of Cornwall. Take a boat to the island and explore its 16th century castle, subtropical gardens and nearby beach.
- Visit the Tate St Ives – The Tate St Ives is a modern art gallery that showcases the best of the region's art and culture. It has stunning views of the sea, as well as a selection of shops and cafes.
- Explore the South West Coast Path – The South West Coast Path is a 630-mile long National Trail that stretches from Minehead in Somerset to Poole Harbour in Dorset. It's an excellent way to explore the rugged Cornish coastline.
- Visit the Lost Gardens of Heligan – The Lost Gardens of Heligan is a unique attraction located in St Austell. It features a range of exotic plant species and is a popular spot for birdwatching.
- Take a Trip to Land's End – Land's End is the most westerly point of mainland England. It's an excellent spot to take in the stunning views of the Atlantic Ocean and the nearby islands.
- Spend the Day in Padstow – Padstow is a charming fishing port and a great spot to spend a day. It has a selection of shops, galleries, and restaurants, as well as a number of beaches.
- Go Surfing at Polzeath – Polzeath is a great spot for surfers of all levels. There are plenty of surf schools in the area and the beach is a great spot to catch some waves.
- Visit the Minack Theatre – The Minack Theatre is an open-air theatre perched on the cliffs of Porthcurno. It's a great spot for a picnic and to take in the views of the surrounding coastline.
- Go Coasteering – Coasteering is a unique experience that involves exploring the rocky coastline and taking part in activities such as cliff-jumping and sea-swimming.
- Try Your Hand at Kitesurfing – Kitesurfing is a great way to explore the Cornish coastline. There are a number of kitesurfing schools in the area and the conditions are often excellent.
- Take a Boat Trip to the Isles of Scilly – The Isles of Scilly are a group of islands located off the coast of Cornwall. Take a boat trip and explore the stunning scenery, wildlife and history of the islands.
- Go Shopping in Truro – Truro is the main shopping hub of Cornwall and a great spot to pick up some souvenirs. It has a selection of independent shops, restaurants and pubs.
- Visit the National Maritime Museum – The National Maritime Museum in Falmouth is a great spot to learn about the region's maritime history. Take a guided tour and explore the museum's interactive displays.
There are many things to see and do near Towan. Whether you're interested in history, nature, or outdoor activities, you'll find plenty of ways to enjoy your time in the area!