If you're planning a visit to Cape Cornwall, you'll find that there are plenty of things to see and do in the surrounding area. Here are just a few ideas to help you make the most of your trip.
Please let us know if you have any feedback or suggestions!
- Beach House Art - Check out the Beach House Blog for guides on pressing seaweed and more!
- Explore Land's End – just minutes away from Cape Cornwall, the iconic Land's End is an absolute must-see. With spectacular views, ancient monuments, and a wealth of local history, you're sure to find something interesting during your visit.
- Visit St. Ives – St. Ives is a beautiful seaside town, just a few miles away from Cape Cornwall. Enjoy a leisurely stroll along the harbor, take a boat cruise, or explore the town's many galleries and museums.
- Go Surfing – the nearby beaches at Sennen and Gwithian offer some of the best surfing in Cornwall. Whether you're a beginner or a more experienced surfer, you'll find plenty of waves to enjoy.
- Take a Boat Tour – take a leisurely boat tour around Cape Cornwall and explore the area's stunning coastline. Look out for dolphins, basking sharks, and other marine life, as well as some of the many shipwrecks that dot the area.
- Enjoy a Pub Lunch – there are plenty of pubs and restaurants to be found near Cape Cornwall. Enjoy a hearty pub lunch with friends, and sample some of the region's best local produce.
- Explore the Beaches – Cornwall is home to some of the most beautiful beaches in the UK. Whether you're looking for a picturesque spot to relax and take in the views, or a more active beach to explore, you'll find something to suit you.
- Discover the Local Wildlife – the waters around Cape Cornwall are home to a variety of wildlife. Take a boat trip and look out for dolphins, seals, and a variety of sea birds.
- Take a Walk – the area around Cape Cornwall offers an abundance of walking opportunities. Take a leisurely stroll along the coastal path, or tackle one of the more challenging hikes on the nearby moorland.
- Visit the Minack Theatre – make a visit to the world-famous Minack Theatre and enjoy a show or a guided tour. Situated on the cliffs overlooking the bay, this open-air theatre is an absolute must-see.
- Explore the Local History – the area around Cape Cornwall is steeped in history. Visit the nearby ruins of Pendeen Watch and take a step back in time, or explore the many monuments and sites of historical interest in the area.
- Go Fishing – the waters off Cape Cornwall are well-stocked with mackerel, cod, bass, and other fish. Take a trip on a charter boat, or try your luck from the shore.
- Enjoy a Cream Tea – sample some of Cornwall's famous clotted cream with a traditional cream tea. With plenty of cafés and tea rooms located nearby, you're sure to find something to suit your taste.
- Take a Trip to St. Michael's Mount – a short distance from Cape Cornwall, St. Michael's Mount is a stunning island castle. Take a boat trip to the island, explore the castle and its grounds, and enjoy the spectacular views.
- Visit the National Trust – with several National Trust properties located nearby, there's plenty to explore. From the grand Godolphin House to the charming Trevarno Gardens, you're sure to find something interesting.
- Enjoy the Local Cuisine – sample some of Cornwall's delicious local cuisine. From pasties to ice cream, there's something for everyone to enjoy.
There are many things to see and do near Cape Cornwall. Whether you're interested in history, nature, or outdoor activities, you'll find plenty of ways to enjoy your time in the area!