If you're planning a visit to Helford River, you'll find that there are plenty of things to see and do in the surrounding area. Here are just a few ideas to help you make the most of your trip.
Please let us know if you have any feedback or suggestions!
- Beach House Art - Check out the Beach House Blog for guides on pressing seaweed and more!
- Visit the National Trust properties – The Helford River area is home to the National Trust properties of Glendurgan Garden, Trebah Garden and the National Trust's own property of Trebah. These gardens offer a tranquil and stunningly beautiful setting for a peaceful day out.
- Enjoy the Helford River Walk – The Helford River Walk is a spectacular 5-mile route that follows the river from Helford Passage to Helford village. Along the way, you'll pass lush greenery, historic sites and secluded coves.
- Relax at Frenchman's Creek – Frenchman's Creek is a picturesque part of the Helford River where you can take a leisurely stroll and soak in the stunning views. The area is also home to a variety of wildlife, making it a great spot for birdwatchers.
- Go on a Boat Trip – The Helford River is a popular spot for boating and you can enjoy a relaxing trip along the river on a traditional wooden boat. Explore the local area and take in the stunning views of the surrounding coastline.
- Kayak or Canoe – There are plenty of opportunities to explore the Helford River by kayak or canoe. Take in the stunning scenery, stop off at one of the many secluded coves, or take a leisurely paddle around the tranquil waters.
- Enjoy a Meal at the Shipwrights Arms – The Shipwrights Arms is a charming pub located on the banks of the Helford River. The pub serves traditional pub fare in a relaxed atmosphere, with stunning views of the river.
- Visit the Helford River Wildlife Trust – The Helford River Wildlife Trust is a charity dedicated to preserving the local wildlife and habitats of the Helford River area. The trust organises events and activities throughout the year, such as guided walks and talks.
- Take part in a Wildlife Safari – Take part in a wildlife safari on the Helford River and spot some of the local wildlife. You may be lucky enough to spot otters, seals, porpoises, and a variety of coastal birds.
- Explore the Coastal Paths – The Helford River area is home to a number of spectacular coastal paths. Take a leisurely stroll along the cliffs and take in the stunning views of the surrounding coastline.
- Visit Gillan Harbour – Gillan Harbour is a small fishing village located on the banks of the Helford River. The village is home to a number of traditional pubs and restaurants, as well as a range of shops and galleries.
- Explore the Local Museums – The Helford River area is home to a number of interesting museums and heritage sites, such as the Helford River Museum, the National Maritime Museum, and the Godolphin Estate.
- Visit the Local Beaches – The Helford River is surrounded by a number of stunning beaches, such as Gillan Beach, Maenporth Beach, and Swanpool Beach. Take a leisurely stroll along the shoreline and enjoy the views of the Cornish coastline.
- Enjoy a Round of Golf – The Helford River area is home to a number of golf courses, such as the Maenporth Golf Club and the St. Enodoc Golf Club. Tee off and enjoy a round of golf while taking in the stunning views of the river and surrounding countryside.
- Take a Cruise – Take a cruise along the Helford River and admire the stunning views of the surrounding countryside. You can also take a day trip to the Isles of Scilly, and explore the stunning islands and their unique wildlife.
- Visit the Local Markets – The Helford River area is home to a number of traditional markets, such as the Helston Country Market and the Falmouth Country Market. Browse the stalls and pick up some local produce and handmade crafts.
There are many things to see and do near Helford River. Whether you're interested in history, nature, or outdoor activities, you'll find plenty of ways to enjoy your time in the area!