If you're planning a visit to Newquay, you'll find that there are plenty of things to see and do in the surrounding area. Here are just a few ideas to help you make the most of your trip.
Please let us know if you have any feedback or suggestions!
- Beach House Art - Check out the Beach House Blog for guides on pressing seaweed and more!
- Stroll Along the Beach – Newquay is a seaside town, so the obvious thing to do is take a stroll along the beach. Enjoy the sound of the waves lapping against the shore as you walk, and make sure to keep an eye out for the local wildlife.
- Visit the Zoo – Newquay Zoo is home to a variety of animals, including lions, tigers, giraffes and penguins. Kids will love the daily shows and activities, while adults can get up close to some of the animals.
- Explore the Coastal Path – The South West Coast Path stretches from Minehead to Poole, and there are plenty of sections of the path that you can explore around Newquay. Enjoy spectacular views of the surrounding area as you enjoy a leisurely walk or a more challenging hike.
- Take a Boat Trip – Explore the local coastline from the water on a boat trip. Choose from a leisurely sightseeing boat trip, or a more adventurous activity such as paddle-boarding or kayaking.
- Visit a Museum – Learn about the history and culture of Newquay at the Newquay Historical Museum. The museum houses a variety of exhibits and interactive displays, plus there's a large collection of photographs, artefacts and documents.
- Enjoy a Round of Golf – Take a break from the beach and enjoy a round of golf at one of Newquay's courses. The town has three courses, all of which offer stunning views of the coastline.
- Get Active at the Water Park – Get your adrenaline pumping at the Newquay Water Park. This water park offers a variety of activities, including wakeboarding, water skiing and tubing.
- Sample the Local Cuisine – Enjoy some of the local cuisine at one of Newquay's many restaurants. Sample freshly caught seafood, sample traditional Cornish pasties, or indulge in a cream tea.
- Go Surfing – Newquay is renowned for its excellent surf breaks and is home to some of the best surfers in the world. Hire a board and take to the waves, or take a lesson from one of the local surf schools.
- Tour the Town – Take a guided tour of the town to learn more about its history and culture. The tour includes a visit to the historic centre of Newquay, a stop at the Museum of British Surfing, and a visit to the working harbour.
- Visit Newquay Harbour – Take a stroll around the working harbour of Newquay and admire the boats. You can also visit the Harbour Master's Office, which is located in the heart of the harbour.
- Shop at the Markets – Browse the stalls at the open-air markets in the town centre. Sample local produce, pick up some handmade crafts, and explore the antiques market.
- Soak Up the Sun at Towan Beach – Enjoy a day at the beach at Towan Beach. This sandy beach is located in the centre of town and is a popular spot for sunbathing, swimming and beach sports.
- Enjoy a Show at the Theatre – Catch a show at the Princess Theatre, which offers a variety of shows throughout the year. From musicals to comedy, there's something for everyone.
There are many things to see and do near Newquay. Whether you're interested in history, nature, or outdoor activities, you'll find plenty of ways to enjoy your time in the area!