If you're planning a visit to Par, you'll find that there are plenty of things to see and do in the surrounding area. Here are just a few ideas to help you make the most of your trip.
Please let us know if you have any feedback or suggestions!
- Beach House Art - Check out the Beach House Blog for guides on pressing seaweed and more!
- Visit the Eden Project – The Eden Project is a fascinating visitor attraction located in a reclaimed clay pit in the town of Par. It is a global garden that celebrates the relationship between plants, people and the planet. The project includes two large Biomes housing thousands of plant species from around the world, an outdoor garden, and educational facilities.
- Enjoy a Day at the Beach – Par boasts a beautiful sandy beach with stunning views of the English Channel. Take a stroll along the beach, explore the rock pools, and take a dip in the sea.
- Tour the Historic Shipwreck Museum – The Shipwreck Museum in Par is a unique museum located in a restored World War II pillbox. It showcases a wide range of artifacts, photographs and stories that tell the history of shipwrecking in the area.
- Visit the Par Heritage Centre – The Par Heritage Centre is the perfect place to learn more about the local history of Par and the surrounding area. It includes a variety of interactive exhibits and displays, as well as a cafe and gift shop.
- Take a Boat Trip – Take a boat trip to explore the stunning coastline of Par and the nearby Isles of Scilly. There are a variety of trips available, from short day trips to longer cruises.
- Take a Walk Along the South West Coast Path – The South West Coast Path is a spectacular 630-mile coastal walking route, stretching from Minehead in Somerset to Poole Harbour in Dorset. Take a walk along the stunning cliffs and coves of the Cornish coast.
- Enjoy Bird Watching – Par is a great place for bird watching. You can spot a variety of species, from seabirds to wading birds.
- Explore the Lost Gardens of Heligan – The Lost Gardens of Heligan are a stunning 200-acre estate with a variety of gardens, woodlands, ponds and lakes. The gardens were rediscovered in 1990 after being lost for more than 70 years.
- Visit the National Maritime Museum – The National Maritime Museum in Falmouth is a great place to learn about the history of seafaring and explore the role of the sea in British history.
- Go Fishing – Par boasts a variety of fishing spots, from estuaries to offshore reefs. You can enjoy a variety of activities, from shore fishing to boat charters.
- Visit the Museum of Witchcraft and Magic – The Museum of Witchcraft and Magic is located in a historic building in Boscastle. It showcases a variety of artifacts and exhibits related to the history of witchcraft and magic.
- Take a Hike – Par is surrounded by stunning countryside, offering plenty of opportunities for hiking and exploring.
- Play Golf – There are a number of golf courses in the area, offering a great opportunity to enjoy a round of golf.
- Enjoy Water Sports – Par is the perfect place to enjoy a range of water sports, from surfing and sailing to kayaking and paddle boarding.
- Visit St. Ives – St. Ives is a charming fishing town located just a short drive from Par. Explore the narrow streets, browse the shops, and enjoy a traditional Cornish cream tea.
There are many things to see and do near Par. Whether you're interested in history, nature, or outdoor activities, you'll find plenty of ways to enjoy your time in the area!