If you're planning a visit to St. Ives, you'll find that there are plenty of things to see and do in the surrounding area. Here are just a few ideas to help you make the most of your trip.
Please let us know if you have any feedback or suggestions!
- Beach House Art - Check out the Beach House Blog for guides on pressing seaweed and more!
- Surf and Kayak – Try your hand at surfing or kayaking at the popular Porthmeor and Porthgwidden beaches. With plenty of surf schools offering lessons and equipment hire, these beaches are the perfect place to learn and have fun in the waves.
- Cycle the Coastal Path – Take a leisurely ride along the South West Coastal path and take in the stunning views of St Ives Bay. With plenty of places to stop off and explore, it's the perfect way to explore the stunning Cornish coastline.
- Visit the Tate St Ives – Home to a fantastic collection of modern and contemporary art, the Tate St Ives is a must-see attraction. From exhibitions to talks and workshops, there's something for everyone here.
- Explore the Harbour – St Ives' harbour is a great place to explore, with plenty of boats, cafes, and shops to explore. Go for a stroll around the harbour and take in the stunning views of the town.
- Visit the Barbara Hepworth Museum and Sculpture Garden – Dedicated to the life and work of St Ives' iconic artist, the Barbara Hepworth Museum and Sculpture Garden is a must-see attraction.
- Enjoy a Meal at the Seafood Café – Enjoy some of the freshest seafood in Cornwall at the popular Seafood Café. With an extensive menu and plenty of outdoor seating, it's the perfect place to enjoy a delicious meal.
- Take a Boat Trip – Take a boat trip from St Ives harbour and explore the stunning Cornish coastline. There are plenty of boat trips available, from fishing trips to wildlife spotting trips.
- Visit the Leach Pottery – A must for any pottery enthusiast, the Leach Pottery is home to a stunning collection of pottery from the town's iconic potter, Bernard Leach.
- Explore the St Ives Museum – Learn more about the town's fascinating history at the St Ives Museum. From its maritime history to its art scene, there's plenty to explore here.
- Take a Walk around the Town – Take a stroll around the town and explore its quaint streets and cobbled lanes. With plenty of shops, cafes, and galleries to explore, it's the perfect way to spend an afternoon.
- Visit the Sloop Inn – Enjoy a pint of local ale at the Sloop Inn, a popular pub in the heart of the town. With plenty of beer and cider on tap, it's the perfect place to relax and unwind.
- Explore the Beaches – With some of the best beaches in Cornwall, it's no wonder that St Ives is a popular destination for beach lovers. With plenty of golden sands to explore, it's the perfect place to spend a sunny day.
- Visit the Godrevy Lighthouse – Take a trip to the iconic Godrevy Lighthouse, a stunning Grade II listed building perched atop a cliff. With stunning views of the coast, it's the perfect place to enjoy an evening sunset.
- Go Shopping – With plenty of boutique shops, galleries, and cafes to explore, St Ives is the perfect place to go shopping. From souvenirs to locally-made crafts, there's something for everyone here.
- Take a Trip to the Isles of Scilly – Take a boat trip to the Isles of Scilly, a stunning archipelago just off the coast of Cornwall. With plenty of wildlife to spot and stunning beaches to explore, it's the perfect day trip.
There are many things to see and do near St. Ives. Whether you're interested in history, nature, or outdoor activities, you'll find plenty of ways to enjoy your time in the area!