If you're planning a visit to Perran Sands Beach, you'll find that there are plenty of things to see and do in the surrounding area. Here are just a few ideas to help you make the most of your trip.
Please let us know if you have any feedback or suggestions!
- Beach House Art - Check out the Beach House Blog for guides on pressing seaweed and more!
- Beach Activities – Enjoy surfing, bodyboarding, stand-up paddleboarding and kayaking on the wide beach. Swimming is possible and there are lifeguards on duty during the summer months.
- Coastal Path Walks – The South West Coast Path runs past Perran Sands, offering views of the sea and coast as well as the local wildlife.
- Fishing – Take advantage of the beach location with some shoreline or rock fishing.
- Boat Trips – Take a boat trip to explore the Cornish coast or visit the nearby Isles of Scilly.
- Bird Watching – Perran Sands is a great spot for bird watching with its range of habitats, such as sand dunes, grassland, cliffs and sea.
- Local Wildlife – Spot seals, dolphins and other marine wildlife in the waters around Perran Sands.
- Sand Yacht Racing – Watch or participate in sand yacht racing, a popular sport at the beach.
- Shopping – Visit the nearby towns of Newquay and Perranporth for a range of shopping and dining options.
- Restaurants – Enjoy the variety of restaurants and cafes in the nearby towns and villages.
- Golf – Play a round of golf at the Perranporth Golf Club, located within walking distance of the beach.
- Surfing Lessons – Learn to surf or improve your skills with a lesson from one of the experienced instructors.
- Horse Riding – Explore the coastline and countryside on horseback with nearby stables offering rides and lessons.
- Nature Reserves – Visit the nearby Penhale and Cubert Nature Reserves for a great day out.
- Local Festivals – Take part in the many local festivals and events, such as the Perranporth Carnival.
- Adventure Activities – Try some of the adventure activities on offer in the area, such as high ropes and zip-lining.
There are many things to see and do near Perran Sands Beach. Whether you're interested in history, nature, or outdoor activities, you'll find plenty of ways to enjoy your time in the area!