If you're planning a visit to Freathy, you'll find that there are plenty of things to see and do in the surrounding area. Here are just a few ideas to help you make the most of your trip.
Please let us know if you have any feedback or suggestions!
- Beach House Art - Check out the Beach House Blog for guides on pressing seaweed and more!
- Beach Fun – Freathy Beach is a stunningly beautiful beach with plenty of activities for all ages. From swimming to kayaking, there's something for everyone to enjoy.
- Exploring Nature – Take a walk around the South West Coast Path and explore the stunning scenery of the area. This includes Bodinnick, a traditional fishing village.
- Visit a Castle – Visit the National Trust property of Tintagel Castle, which is said to be the birthplace of King Arthur.
- Take a Boat Trip – Take a boat trip along the beautiful coastline and explore the local wildlife.
- Visit a Garden – Visit the Eden Project, a world-renowned project featuring a range of plants and gardens.
- Learn to Surf – With a number of great surf schools in Freathy, you can learn to surf and take on the waves.
- Visit a Wildlife Park – The nearby Newquay Zoo has a wide range of animals and activities for all ages.
- Go Shopping – Take a trip to Padstow, a traditional fishing port and visit the local shops and restaurants.
- Take a Tour – Take a tour of the nearby St. Austell Brewery and learn about the history of the area.
- Sample Local Cuisine – Sample the local Cornish cuisine and try the traditional fish and chips, pasties, and cream teas.
- Walk Along a Beach – Walk along the stunning Watergate Bay or Fistral Beach and take in the views of the Atlantic Ocean.
- Visit a Museum – Visit the Cornwall Maritime Museum and learn about the history of the region.
- Visit an Art Gallery – Take a trip to the nearby Tate St Ives and explore the works of the area's leading artists.
- Take a Hike – Take a hike through the countryside and visit some of the more remote locations.
- Take a Trip to an Island – Take a trip to St. Michael's Mount, a small island off the coast of Cornwall.
There are many things to see and do near Freathy. Whether you're interested in history, nature, or outdoor activities, you'll find plenty of ways to enjoy your time in the area!