If you're planning a visit to Church Cove, you'll find that there are plenty of things to see and do in the surrounding area. Here are just a few ideas to help you make the most of your trip.
Please let us know if you have any feedback or suggestions!
- Beach House Art - Check out the Beach House Blog for guides on pressing seaweed and more!
- Visit the St. Winwaloe Church — Church Cove is home to the 12th-century St. Winwaloe Church, located right on the beach. It is a beautiful sight to behold and a great place to spend some time reflecting.
- Explore the National Trust Tin Coast — The Tin Coast is an area of outstanding natural beauty and offers visitors the chance to explore the many fascinating sights and attractions. From the iconic Godrevy lighthouse to the wild flower meadows, there's plenty to discover and enjoy.
- Take a Boat Trip to the Isles of Scilly — Just a short boat ride away from Church Cove lies the Isles of Scilly, an archipelago of beautiful islands. A boat trip to the Isles of Scilly is a must for anyone visiting Cornwall and the perfect way to end a day spent exploring the area.
- Visit the Gunwalloe Fishing Cove — This small fishing village has been a part of Cornwall for centuries and is the perfect place to spend some time enjoying the local seafood. There are also plenty of other activities to enjoy such as coastal walks, birdwatching and seal spotting.
- Go Surfing at Porthleven Beach — Porthleven is a great spot for surfing, with a number of surf schools and lessons available. The beach is also home to some of the best waves in the area, so it's a great place for any level of surfer to enjoy.
- Take a Trip to Lizard Point — Lizard Point is the most southerly point of mainland Britain and just a short drive from Church Cove. It is renowned for its stunning views and is a great place to spend some time exploring.
- Visit the Local Pubs and Restaurants — Church Cove is home to a number of great pubs and restaurants, making it the perfect place to enjoy some traditional Cornish food. Many of the pubs also serve locally brewed ales and ciders, so be sure to sample some of the local produce.
- Enjoy a Walk Along the Coastal Path — The South West Coast Path runs right through Church Cove and offers some stunning views of the coastline. It's a great way to get some exercise and explore the area at the same time.
- Take a Trip to the Minack Theatre — The Minack Theatre is a unique open-air theatre carved into the rocks of the cliffs. It's a great place to watch a show and take in the stunning views of the ocean.
- Visit the Seal Sanctuary — The Seal Sanctuary is a great place to learn about seals and other marine wildlife, and also offers the chance to get up close and personal with the animals.
- Check Out the Local Arts and Crafts — The area around Church Cove is home to a number of independent galleries and craft shops, offering the perfect opportunity to pick up some unique gifts or souvenirs.
- Walk to Kynance Cove — Kynance Cove is located just a short walk away from Church Cove and is renowned for its stunning views and turquoise waters. It's a great place to spend some time exploring, and also to get some stunning photographs.
- Learn About Local History at the Poldark Mine — Poldark Mine is a National Trust property located just a short drive away from Church Cove. It offers visitors the chance to learn about the history of mining in Cornwall and also explore the mine's tunnels and underground chambers.
- Visit the Helston Railway — Helston Railway is a heritage railway located just a short drive from Church Cove. It's a great place to take a ride on a steam train and explore the surrounding countryside.
- Take a Trip to Gweek — Gweek is a small village located a short drive away from Church Cove. It's a great place to explore, with a number of traditional pubs and restaurants, as well as a number of local attractions.
There are many things to see and do near Church Cove. Whether you're interested in history, nature, or outdoor activities, you'll find plenty of ways to enjoy your time in the area!