If you're planning a visit to Porthbeor Beach, you'll find that there are plenty of things to see and do in the surrounding area. Here are just a few ideas to help you make the most of your trip.
Please let us know if you have any feedback or suggestions!
- Beach House Art - Check out the Beach House Blog for guides on pressing seaweed and more!
- Exploring the Coast Paths – Stroll along the nearby South West Coast Path for stunning views of the beach and its surroundings. Bring your binoculars and take in the sights of the estuary and the sea.
- Kite-surfing – Enjoy the thrill of kite-surfing on the waters of Porthbeor Beach. With its large shallow bay, this is great spot to learn and practice the sport.
- Sea Kayaking – For an adventurous day out, try kayaking on the tranquil waters of Porthbeor. Explore the coves, rock formations and wildlife.
- Wildlife Watching – Look out for the dolphins, seals and sea birds that inhabit the waters around the beach. Bring a telescope or binoculars to get a better view.
- Beachcombing – Take a leisurely stroll along the beach and see what you can find. See if you can spot any unusual shells, driftwood and other beach treasures.
- Surfing – Catch some waves on the beach. With its perfect surf conditions, Porthbeor Beach is the ideal spot for surfers of all levels.
- Coastal Walks – Take a walk along the coast to explore the spectacular scenery. Take in the dramatic cliffs, sea stacks and coves along the way.
- Birdwatching – With its rich biodiversity, Porthbeor Beach is the perfect spot for birdwatching. Look out for the resident seabirds and migrating birds that visit the area.
- Horse Riding – Take a leisurely ride along the beach. There are plenty of companies that offer guided horse riding trips on the beach.
- Rock Pooling – Explore the rock pools at low tide. See what kind of creatures you can find living in the pools.
- Fishing – Try your luck and fish off the beach. With its rich waters, Porthbeor Beach is a great spot for fishing.
- Visit the Gardens – Visit the nearby Glendurgan and Trebah Gardens for a day of exploring the tropical gardens and nature trails.
- Take a Boat Trip – Take a boat trip to explore the nearby coast and coves. See if you can spot any dolphins and seals on the way.
- Visit the Pub – Stop for a bite to eat or a pint of ale at one of the nearby pubs. Try one of the local ales and enjoy the coastal views.
- Visit the Museum – Visit the nearby National Maritime Museum for a day of learning about the history of the area.
There are many things to see and do near Porthbeor Beach. Whether you're interested in history, nature, or outdoor activities, you'll find plenty of ways to enjoy your time in the area!