If you're planning a visit to Chapel Porth Beach, you'll find that there are plenty of things to see and do in the surrounding area. Here are just a few ideas to help you make the most of your trip.
Please let us know if you have any feedback or suggestions!
- Beach House Art - Check out the Beach House Blog for guides on pressing seaweed and more!
- Visit Land's End – Take a trip to the iconic Land's End, a rugged headland on the tip of the Penwith peninsula in Cornwall. Here, you can take in views of the nearby islands and the Atlantic Ocean, explore the shops and cafes, and take in the local history.
- Explore the Minack Theatre – Located on the cliff's edge near Porthcurno beach, the Minack Theatre is an open-air theatre carved out of the cliff. It offers stunning views, as well as a variety of performances throughout the year.
- Visit St. Michael's Mount – Take a boat ride over to the tidal island of St. Michael's Mount, a medieval castle connected to the mainland by a causeway. Here, you can explore the island's gardens, take in the stunning views of Mount's Bay, and visit the island's chapel.
- Take a Trip to Mousehole – Mousehole is a picturesque fishing village located nearby. Here, you can visit the harbour, explore the small streets, and sample some of the local seafood.
- Hike the South West Coast Path – The South West Coast Path is a 630-mile trail that runs from Minehead in Somerset to Poole in Dorset. Here, you can take in stunning views of the cliffs, beaches, and coves of Cornwall.
- Visit the Tate St Ives – The Tate St Ives is a modern art gallery located in St. Ives. Here, you can explore the gallery's collection of over 400 works of art, as well as the town's many other attractions, such as the Barbara Hepworth Museum and Sculpture Garden.
- Take a Boat Tour – Take a boat tour from Newlyn, St Ives, or Penzance, and explore the stunning coastline and islands of Cornwall.
- Visit the Geevor Tin Mine – The Geevor Tin Mine is located nearby, and is the largest preserved mine in Europe. Here, you can explore the mine's former workings, as well as its interactive exhibitions and galleries.
- Visit the Eden Project – The Eden Project is a unique outdoor museum located near St Austell. Here, you can explore the outdoor gardens, take in the stunning views of the surrounding countryside, and learn about the science and history of plants and ecology.
- Explore the Beaches – There are a number of stunning beaches located nearby, such as Sennen Cove, Praa Sands, and Hayle Beach. Here, you can take in the views of the Atlantic Ocean, explore rock pools, and go swimming.
- Visit the Lost Gardens of Heligan – The Lost Gardens of Heligan is an historic garden located near St Austell. Here, you can explore the gardens' Victorian and Georgian features, take in the views of the surrounding countryside, and learn about the history of the gardens.
- Take a Trip to Tintagel Castle – Tintagel Castle is a ruined castle located on the north coast of Cornwall. Here, you can explore the castle's ruins, take in the views of the North Atlantic from the castle walls, and learn about the legends of King Arthur.
- Visit the Isles of Scilly – Take a trip to the Isles of Scilly, a group of small islands located off the coast of Cornwall. Here, you can explore sandy beaches, take in the stunning views of the Atlantic Ocean, and visit the islands' many attractions.
- Take a Trip to St. Ives – St. Ives is a picturesque town located nearby. Here, you can explore the town's narrow streets, take in the views of the harbour and the sea, visit the local art galleries, and sample some of the local seafood.
- Go Surfing – Cornwall is a great place to go surfing, with a number of excellent beaches nearby. Here, you can take surf lessons, hire boards and wet suits, and enjoy the waves of the Atlantic Ocean.
There are many things to see and do near Chapel Porth Beach. Whether you're interested in history, nature, or outdoor activities, you'll find plenty of ways to enjoy your time in the area!